Wednesday 14 August 2013

Here we go!

So today I had my first nutrition assessment with Steph. In all honesty, I was nervous. Self-conscious even. I felt a little silly being there, I mean, I help people through nutrition and weight loss a lot. I can rhyme off a daily meal plan in a heartbeat and it will have the carbohydrates, fats, and protein that one needs. But do I follow it? No. It's hard. Being a busy girl, I do my best with the time I have. Leading up to the nutrition assessment, I tracked what I ate for a couple days. Each day started out fantastic - eggs, black coffee, morning snack, salad and meat for lunch.... and that's where it ends. Dinner usually consists of whatever is quick and easy. After spending a lot of time at the gym (which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job), but the idea of cooking a big meal at the end of a 12 hour day isn't overly appealing. Enter quick-food. Now I won't go into detail about what I actually eat (I'm already self-conscious enough) - to an "average" person it may not seem so bad, but to me, I shudder when I think of it.
Anyways, Steph went over easy things that I could add in or take out of my daily meals. She has some fantastic tools to help you along the way. A salad builder... what?! I didn't even know they existed. But it does. It basically tells you everything to add to your salad to make it well-rounded. Not only will it help with actually making a salad, but it will really help with grocery shopping. Another thing Steph suggested was protein shakes. I've never been a huge fan, and Steph usually isn't either, but when I need something quick and NOW, a protein shake is probably better than that leftover slice of pizza that Matt made earlier in the day.
The last part of my assessment was to go over some numbers. YIKES. I haven't weighed myself in a long time, let alone done body fat percentage. While I was fairly proud of my 35% muscle measurement, the body fat percentage was nothing to brag about. I'm glad she had this fancy scale. I won't be sitting around guessing if what I'm doing is actually working. I want to stay strong, but also look daaaaamn fine in my wedding dress, without extra "stuff" where there shouldn't be stuff. The wedding is exactly one month away. I'm a little late in the game to be thinking about stuff like this, but better late than never? Something like that. If I can get into some good habits and even improve my body composition over the next month, then I'll be happy and more inclined to continue it.

So there it is, and brief introduction to my adventures with Stephanie Eusebi. Stay tuned for more. I'll go back to eating my delicious complete salad and a steak off the BBQ. And lemon water. REAL lemon water.

No comments:

Post a Comment